- designers, architects, studios, and offices
- companies that base their operations on design or architecture
- companies that sell designs or design products
- cultural institutions, museums and galleries that stand for, or host, a design exhibition or event
- educational institutes of design and architecture
The DesignMarch selection committee* will review applications for participation and select exhibitions and events that will be featured at the festival.
Each year the committee strives to make a professional and focused program presenting impressive and interesting projects of high-quality appealing to different target groups.
The projects will be grouped by these emphases:
- ambitious and professionally curated projects/projects assigned by galleries or official exhibition spaces.
- experimental, original or innovative projects
- projects with business as a primary objective
- studio visits / open house
- forums, seminars and discussions
Note! A selection of exhibitions and events will be given special attention to in all promotional material. The selection committee will decide which projects will be given the spotlight, including in the DesignMarch brochure, social media, newsletters and on the website. All applicants will be considered for selection.
* The selection committee is made up of the DesignMarch Board, the director of DesignMarch, Program Coordinator and a member appointed by the Iceland Academy of the Arts.
The process is in two parts, first you apply for participation and following approval you will be asked to add additional information both text and images, the information given may be used in promoting the event and the festival.
You’ll be able to submit the idea of the exhibition/event through the application form for DesignMarch here.
Sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with further announcements.
An application explains the idea, objective and content of the exhibition/event and outlines the framework, agenda and what makes the project unique, interesting and professional. The application is your pitch.
Tell the committee why the exhibition/event should be a part of DesignMarch. Other practical information is also requested.
Applicants are encouraged to submit applications in a timely manner, as applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and responses regarding participation will be sent out at least twice during the period.
Once your application has been approved we will send you a link where you will be able to register and receive a web key for authentication. The next step is logging in to your form that will have some pre entered information from your application, it is vital that you review that information and fill out the additional information as requested. It is important to take care that the information entered both text and images is of quality as it will be used to promote the event and the festival on designmarch.is / honnunarmars.is and in other media.
The sooner you submit your information and images, the sooner we are able to utilize it for promotional purposes.
Exhibitors are responsible for finding a venue for events/exhibitions.
However, the DesignMarch team is willing and able to help. We can advise on optimal exhibition spots and/or hook you up with local designers –because we are all here to network.
Iceland Design and Architecture design associations cover all fields of design.
Here are contacts to their chairmen/project managers:
- Association of Icelandic Architects -Karl Kvaran – ai(at)ai.is
- Icelandic Society of Furniture and Interior Architects – Rósa Dögg Þorsteinsdóttir – fhi(at)fhi.is
- Federation of Icelandic Landscape Architects – Svava Þorleifsdóttir – email@example.com
- Association of Icelandic Product and Industrial Designers – Kristín María Sigþórsdóttir– kristinmaria(hjá)gmail.com
- Icelandic Association of Ceramic Artists – Þóra Breiðfjörð – leirlistafelagislands(at)gmail.com
- Association of Icelandic Fashion Designers –Guðrún Guðjónsdóttir – fatahonnunarfelag(at)gmail.com
- Icelandic Textile Guild – Lilý Erla Adamsdóttir – lily.adamsdottir(hjá)gmail.com
- Icelandic Goldsmith’s Association – Arna Arnarsdóttir – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association of Icelandic Graphic Designers – Íris Sveinbjörnsdóttir -iris(hjá)reykjavik-underground.com
ISK 18.000 per Designer/exhibitor (Members of the Iceland Design Centre design associations)
ISK 9.000 early bird registration Per Designer/exhibitor (50% discount)
ISK 25.000 per Designer/exhibitor (non-Guild members)
Each designer (or brand) exhibiting at the premises of e.g. another company, gallery or in a museum (i.e. not at own venue) pays this fee.
Venue and curated exhibitions
ISK 49.000 a large venue or a curated exhibition
ISK 24.500 a large hosting venue owned by a member of the Iceland Design Centre design associations (50% discount)
ISK 39.000 a small hosting venue or a curated exhibition
ISK 19.500 a small hosting venue owned by a member of the Iceland Design Centre design associations (50% discount)
A hosting venue refers to the premises of a company, museum or association exhibiting own work or hosting exhibitions by others. A curated exhibition refers to a design exhibition where the choice of exhibition scope and objects is determined by a curator, instead of by the initiative of the objects’ designers.
ISK 18.000 Student exhibition
Student exhibition refers to an exhibition by collegian designers and architects from acknowledged design faculties.
The venues are not organized or rented out by the Iceland Design and Architecture. Prices for exhibition spaces varies and must be discussed with the owner of the space in question.
DesignMatch pairs local designers with international design producers, retailers, curators, journalists, and other design actors. Please get in touch to find out more, or keep an eye out on further announcements.
Iceland Design and Architecture organizes open meetings for all DesignMarch applicants/participants.
The meetings serve as a platform in which practical issues and questions can be addressed in a cozy atmosphere. See when the next meeting is scheduled here.
The DesignMarch team is also happy to help at email@example.com or +354 771 2200.